Information For Our Foreign Guests
GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB AN DER ELFRATHER MUEHLE
The old windmill "Elfrather Mühle" was built in 1823. You can still see the original mill work in our Spikes bar in the mill. In 1988 the Landwehrmann family purchased the mill and some 7, 5 acres adjacent land for the clubhouse and the parking area. Furthermore the family signed an agreement with the City of Krefeld about a 99 year heritable building right for the some 2.200 acres of agricultural land for the golf course. Early 1989 the Golfclub "An der Elfrather Mühle" was formed and later succeeded by the present "Golf & Country Club An der Elfrather Mühle.
With the support of the historic monuments protection authorities the mill and the adjacent buildings were completely restored, only the tower of the mill and the restaurant wall facing the terrace remained. All other existing buildings were newly built, using old stones as cladding.
The Golf Course was designed by Ron Kirby after his retirement from his longtime position as Head of the Jack Nicklaus golf course architecture company Golden Bear. Ron designed an international championship golf course with water obstacles at 10 fairways; some 2000 trees and bushes were planted, the flat land of the fairways 4 to 9 completely reshaped, a some 2 km long anti- noise barrier erected.
The Driving Range was opened in 1991, the Clubhouse and the Golf course in 1993. When in 2002 the "Leading Courses of Germany" organization was established, our club was one of the first 15 clubs, eligible for a membership in this elitist organization. Nine times a year testers of the Leading Golf Courses in Germany are anonymously reviewing and evaluating the quality of the greens, bunkers, fairways, gastronomy and the administration. The evaluation list contains 100 individual items to be checked. For each item the club will achieve score of 4 (excellent), 3 (good), 2 satisfying) and 1 (inadequate). A membership in the organization requires every year a minimum score of 330 points as a result of which every score under 4 will immediately be challenged by the management.
Due to the quality of our Ron Kirby golf course in 2005, 2006 and 2007 we hosted the Challenge Tour, in 2006 won by Martin Kaymer, who started his career as an international known tour golfer in our club.
Before Mr. Ingo Sperling, our restaurateur joined us in 2013 he had worked for a long time in the 2 Star restaurants Margaux, Berlin and Falco, Leipzig, and had been awarded with the price of the best German chief of the restaurant.
Some Facts & Figures
The Course is owned and operated by FAGT Golfanlagen GmbH & Co.KG. Rom Kirby designed an 18 hole course with a length of some 6.300 m and an additional 3 hole practice facility.
The course has
63 sand bunkers (2.1 acres)
Three or four sets of tees on each hole,
27 acres of Agrostis stolonifera/ Poa pratensis/Lolium perenne/Poa annua fairways,
18 acres of Agostos capillaris / Poa pratensis/ Lolium perenne /Poa annua semirough,
45 acres of Festuca rubra / Agrostis capillaris /Pro pratensis rough
3, 6 acres of Agrostis stolonifera / Poa annua greens
And 2, 2 acres Agrostis stolonifera/ Poa pratensis / Lolium perenne tees.
Bar (Spikes bar) (60 persons)
Restaurant Mulligans (110 persons)
Gourmet Restaurant 1823 (20 persons)
Terrace (128 seats)
Restaurant Mulligans (up to 90 seats for functions)
3 Locker Rooms
2 Practice Greens
|working days||€ 65,00|
Since we are permanently eager to improve our services for our members and guests any recommendation from side would be highly appreciated. Please send your mail to